Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Nothing to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment.
- Please arrange to have an adult accompany you home, as driving is prohibited after intravenous or general anesthesia.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear a T-shirt or loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Ringler prior to your surgical date for instructions.